Works on multiples of eight plus four stitches.
Uses two colors, here called color A (dark purple in the picture) and color B (light purple).
- Cast on in color A.
- Row one: Knit four in color A, knit four in color B, loosely stranding the yarn that is not in use across the back of the work. Repeat across the row.
- Row two: Purl four in color A, purl four in color B across work.
- Rows three and four: Repeat rows one and two.
- Row five: Knit four in color B, knit four in color A across.
- Row six: Purl four in color B, purl four in color A across.
- Rows seven and eight: Repeat rows five and six.
- Continue in this manner, changing the order of the colors every four rows.
Used in the Checkerboard Hot Pad.