A Running Knit:
Table runners are a nice way to decorate the table when you don't want to use a tablecloth. This easy Bamboo Stitch table runner is knit in cotton, so it's great for everyday as well as for special occasions, or you could knit it in linen to dress it up a bit more.
Use the same pattern to make matching placemats, kitchen towels or anything else you like to accessorize with your table.
- two skeins each of three different colors of Lion Brand Cotton-Ease (I used Almond, Snow and Taupe), or 400 yards each of three different colors of your favorite medium weight cotton yarn
- one pair size 9 US knitting needles
- scissors and yarn needle
24 stitches and 24 rows per 4 inches (6 stitches and 6 rows per inch) in Bamboo Stitch. Gauge is not critical.
Finished runner is 10 inches wide and 90 inches long, or length of your choice. Using one skein of each color will get you a runner around 45 inches long.
- Cast on 60 stitches in color of your choice.
- Work in Bamboo Stitch (see below) for 3 inches.
- Change to your next color and work another 3 inches.
- Change to the third color and work 3 more inches.
- Continue in stitch pattern and color pattern until piece measures 90 inches or length of your choice.
- Bind off. Cut yarn and weave in ends.