Textured Stitch Pattern is as follows:
Row 1 (right side): Knit.
Row 2: Purl.
Row 3: *K1, P1. Repeat from * across.
Row 4: Purl.
Row 5: Knit.
Row 6: *P1, K1. Repeat from * across.
- Cast on 46 (50, 54, 58) stitches and work in 2x2 ribbing for 2 inches as follows: K1, *K2, P2. Repeat from * to last stitch, K1. End with a wrong side row.
- Work in pattern until back measures 17 (17.5, 17.5, 17.5) inches, ending with a wrong side row.
- Shape armholes: Bind off 4 (4, 6, 6) stitches at beginning of next 2 rows. There are 38 (42, 42, 46) stitches.
- Continue in pattern, forming a neat edge for sleeves by adding a slip stitch selvedge as follows:
Right side: slip first stitch knitwise, work pattern to last stitch, K1.
Wrong side: slip first stitch purlwise, workpattern to last st, P1.
- Continue until armhole measures 9 (9.5, 10, 10.5) inches, ending with a wrong side row. Leave stitches on a holder.