- Cast on 88 stitches. Do not join in round.
- Knit 14 stitches, place marker if desired, knit first row of cable pattern (see below), place marker, knit 28 stitches, place marker, work first row of cable pattern again, knit 14.
- Continue in Stockinette Stitch, working the cable pattern stitches on the center 16 stitches of the front and back of the wrap.
- Work entire cable pattern 5 times, or until piece measures almost 10 inches.
- Bind off in knit on the right side.
- Fold piece in half and, using the same yarn, sew the side seam using mattress stitch.
- Blocking the piece will help reduce the curl of the Stockinette Stitch.
Worked across 16 stitches.
Row 1: Knit 4, place next 2 stitches on a cable needle and hold at back, knit next 2 stitches from left-hand needle, then the 2 stitches from the cable needle (hereafter abbreviated C4B), place next 2 stitches on cable needle and hold in front, knit the next 2 stitches from the left-hand needle, then the 2 stitches from the cable needle (hereafter abbreviated C4F), knit 4.
Row 2 and all wrong-side rows: Purl.
Row 3: K2, C4B, K4, C4F, K2.
Row 5: C4B, K8, C4F.
Work an additional wrong-side row as Row 6 and repeat these 6 rows for pattern. Remember to work the cable section twice on each row.