Once you've cast on and joined your work in the round, it's time to work the pattern. The first row will feel pretty awkward as you push the twist around the needle, but after a couple of rounds it will be smooth sailing.
The pattern is Garter Stitch with an eyelet round, but remember, to work Garter Stitch in the round you must knit one round and purl one round.
- To begin, knit a round, purl a round. Repeat these two rounds.
- Next round, *yarn over, knit 2 together. Repeat from * around.
- Purl the next round, then knit a round, purl a round, knit a round, purl a round.
- Repeat the eyelet round.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until piece measures about 5.25 inches or width of your choice.
- Purl a round, knit a round, purl a round. Bind off in knit.