The Women's Sampler Scarf is part of a set with the Women's Sampler Hat. Together, the projects take two skeins of yarn and maybe a week or so of evenings knitting, making them great for last-minute gifts.
- 160 yards of super-bulky yarn (I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in Fig, using one whole skein plus the leftovers from the hat)
- one pair size 13 US (9 mm) knitting needles
- scissors and yarn needle
2.25 stitches and 3.5 rows per inch in Stockinette Stitch. Gauge is not critical.
Finished scarf is 10.5 inches wide and 32.5 inches long. For a longer scarf, cast on fewer stitches.
- Cast on 24 stitches. Work 4 rows in Garter Stitch.
- Keeping the first 4 and last 4 stitches of each row in Garter Stitch, work for 2 inches in Stockinette Stitch.
- Keeping the Garter Stitch border, work 2 inches in Reverse Stockinette Stitch.
- Repeat these 2 sections until you start to worry about running out of yarn. End with a Stockinette section, then 4 rows of Garter Stitch.
- Bind off, cut yarn and weave in ends.