This adorable little hat is designed to match my Baby Aran Body Suit, and is the perfect finishing touch to a very special outfit.
- 1 hank of KnitPicks Bare Swish DK superwash merino, or about 85 (90, 95, 100, 105, 110) yards of light weight yarn of your choice
- One set size 5 US (3.75 mm) double pointed needles (or 2 circulars, or 1 long circular for magic loop)
- Spare size 5 US (3.75 mm) needle for bind off
- Cable needle
- 6 stitches and 9 rows to 1 inch in Stockinette Stitch
- 3.5 inches over the 25 stitches that make up rope cable/diamond/rope cable pattern sequence
- 2 inches over the 17 stitches that make up diamond pattern + 2 Reverse stockinette stitches either side
Newborn (3 months, 6 months, 12 months, 18 months, 24 months)
Finished hat circumference: 13 (13.5, 14, 15, 15.5, 16) inches
Note: Babies head sizes can vary a lot -- please go by the circumference you want, not necessarily the age guideline.
Sample knit in 3 month size, by Eileen Casey.