Join the Legs:
- With right side facing, take first leg and work across row as follows: P1, M1, work in pattern to last stitch, M1, place marker, P1.
- Do not turn work. Cast on 4 stitches using thumb method.
- Take second leg with right side facing and work across it as follows using yarn from first leg: P1, place marker, M1, work in pattern to last stitch, M1, P1.
- The legs are now joined and there are 120 (132, 136, 144, 152, 156) stitches.
- Work across the next row, keeping the increased stitches in Reverse Stockinette and the center 6 stitches between the markers in Stockinette Stitch while keeping the rest of the patterns as established.
Work the Body:
- Starting on the right side, work the Braid Cable Chart on the center 6 stitches between the markers, starting at row 1. Keep the other patterns as already established for the legs.
- Work in pattern until piece measures 14.5 (15, 15.75, 16.5, 17.25, 19) inches, ending with a wrong side row.