Lying in a crib, propped up in a car seat, sitting in a swing, nestled in someone's arms -- sometimes these positions aren't the best for fancy outfits. But you still want to look pulled together and cute in for your close-up or when you have people cooing all over you, right? Wow them with this little beauty -- comfortable, soft, chic and unique, plus it works for boys or girls! It would work perfectly for holiday portraits, or how about it as part of a no-fuss going home outfit?
- 2 (3, 3, 3, 4, 4) hanks of KnitPicks Bare Swish DK superwash merino, or about 492 (615, 676, 738, 861, 984) yards of DK weight yarn of your choice
- One pair size 5 US (3.75 mm) needles
- Cable needle, stitch holders, stitch markers
- Scissors, tape measure and yarn needle
- 13 5/8 inch (16 mm) diameter machine washable buttons
- 6 stitches and 9 rows to 1 inch in Stockinette Stitch
- 3.5 inches over the 25 stitches that make up rope cable/diamond/rope cable pattern sequence
- 2 inches over the 17 stitches that make up diamond pattern + 2 reverse stockinette stitches either side
Newborn (3 Months, 6 Months, 12 Months, 18 Months, 24 Months)
Finished chest size: 18 (20, 21, 22, 23, 24) inches
Finished length: 18 (19, 20, 21, 22, 24) inches
Sample knit in size 3 Months, by Eileen Casey.
Photography by Rebecca Painter of Barefoot Journey Images.