A lot of baby blanket patterns out there make blankets that are, well, babyish. If you or a mom you know are looking for something a little more contemporary, this baby blanket fits the bill.
Made from simple 3x3 ribbing (or triple rib), this is a quick knitting project that's perfect for any baby.
It's a smallish blanket that is perfect for the car or stroller or for spreading out for playing on the floor.
- 4 skeins Lion Brand Jiffy in Dusty Pink (for girl) or Heather Blue (for boy), or 540 yards of bulky mohair or mohair-look yarn
- one pair size 11 US needles
- crochet hook or yarn needle
About 15 stitches and 15 rows per four inches.
Finished size is 24 inches wide and 30 inches long.
- Cast on 108 stitches.
- Knit three, purl three across.
- Repeat this row until work is 30 inches long.
- Bind off.
- Cut any excess yarn and weave in ends.