Time to Party:
- Two skeins of fuzzy, medium-weight yarn, or about 300 yards (I used Yarn Bee Decadence, which you can buy at Hobby Lobby)
- Size seven straight needles
- Crochet hook or sewing needle
This pattern makes a wrap that is about 14 inches wide and 52 inches long. Use more yarn to get a longer wrap, or increase more to get a wider wrap.
- Cast on three stitches.
- Knit row one.
- Purl row two.
- Increase by knitting into the front and back of the first and last stitch, knit other stitches.
- Purl row four.
- Repeat this pattern, increasing on both ends of the knit rows and purling the purl rows, for about 12 inches.
- Knit and purl straight until piece measures about 45 inches.
- Continue in the same pattern, but this time decrease on the first and last stitch of the knit rows by knitting two together on each end.
When you get down to three stitches, bind off and weave in the ends.
A great way to wear this project is draped over your shoulders and held in place with a pretty pin. You could even use a fancy chopstick or knitting needle to hold your wrap closed.