Here's a cute chick to clean up after your cute chicks! The ultra-simple chick in egg outline adds a touch of whimsy to a plain old washcloth.
- 1 ball Lily Sugar'n Cream in shade 00003 Cream, or about 65 yards of worsted weight cotton yarn of your choice
- pair of size 7 US (4.5 mm) knitting needles
- Scissors, tape measure, yarn needle
4 stitches and 6 rows to 1 inch in Stockinette Stitch
About 10 inches square
Sample knit by Eileen Casey
Knitting the Cloth:
- Cast on 47 stitches.
- Work in Moss Stitch for 6 rows as follows: *K1, P1, repeat from * to last stitch, K1.(Note: If you want to make a really clean edge on both sides, try slipping the first stitch knitwise and knitting the last stitch on right side rows, and slipping the first stitch purlwise and purling the last stitch on wrong side rows. If you do it, just remember that you are, and don't include it in the Moss Stitch).
- Starting at right side, work 5 stitches in Moss Stitch, 37 stitches of Chick Chart, starting at Row 1, and 5 stitches in Moss Stitch.
- Continue to work the chart, keeping 5 stitches in Moss Stitch at either edge throughout.
- When you have completed the chart, work 6 more rows in Moss Stitch.
- Bind off, and weave in ends.