Lots of people these days ahve smartphones, but they're not always that smart about how they carry them around. This Checkerboard iPhone Cozy likely would work for a variety of cell phones to add an extra layer of protection -- particularly important if you carry your phone around in your purse (or, like me, a diaper bag).
- about 20 yards of super-bulky yarn (I used Red Heart Boutique Big & Lite in Violet)
- one pair size 13 US (9 mm) knitting needles
- tape measures, scissors and yarn needle
- crochet hook (optional)
10 stitches and 16 rows per 4 inches in Checkerboard Pattern (2.5 stitches and 4 rows per inch).
Cozy is 4 inches wide and 6 inches tall as finished. To fit an iPhone 4.
Knitting the iPhone Cozy:
- Cast on 10 stitches.
- Work in Checkerboard Pattern as follows:
- Row 1 and all RS rows: Knit.
- Rows 2 and 4: Purl 2, *knit 2, purl 2. Repeat from * across.
- Rows 6 and 8: Knit 2, *purl 2, knit 2. Repeat from * across.
- Continue in pattern until piece measures about 12 inches from cast on edge.
- Bind of in knit on the right side.
- Fold piece in half and sew closed using method of your choice. I divided the yarn in half and used it to slip stitch crochet the side seams closed with the right sides of the work together.
- Weave in any remaining ends.