Knit Tinsel for Holiday Time:
Decorating with knitting is a lot of fun, and that's particularly true when you're knitting this knit tinsel for Christmas or another festive holiday.
All it is is an I-cord knit out of a glitzy eyelash yarn. It's so easy even a beginner could do it, but it's also a lovely, fun decoration for anyone's home.
- one skein or about 90 yards of eyelash yarn of your choice, in the color of your choice (I used Moda Dea Zing, which has been discontinued)
- one size 10.5 US circular needle, any cable length, or two size 10.5 double-pointed needles
- yarn needle
Gauge is not critical, but comes out to about 20 rows per 4 inches (5 rows per inch). The whole tube is about one inch around.
Using one ball of yarn, finished length is 12 feet long. Make yours longer or shorter according to your knit tinsel needs.
Instructions for Knit Tinsel:
- Cast on 6 stitches.
- Knit across the first row. Do not turn the work, just slide it to the other end of the needle and knit across again (this is how you make I-cord.
- Continue until piece measures 12 feet, or your desired length, or until you're almost out of yarn.
- Bind off.
- Cut any excess yarn and weave in ends. You'll probably want to use the tails to sew the ends of the tube closed.
- Go decorate something!