Pull this out when you get out your holiday tea towels and dish cloths, and it’ll make you smile every time you fill up the pot. Makes a perfect and practical gift for the tea lover in your life (as a serious tea drinker from Ireland, I ought to know!).
- 1 ball Red Heart Holiday in shade 6040 Green/Silver, or approximately 100 yards of medium weight yarn of your choice.
- Scraps of red and white medium weight yarn. I used Caron Simply Soft in shades 9729 Red and 9701 White.
- Set of #7 US (4.5 mm) double pointed needles (or 2 circulars, or one extra-long circular for magic loop).
- 2 #3 US (3.25 mm) double pointed knitting needles.
- Scissors, tape measure and yarn needle.
- #7 US (4.5 mm) crochet hook.
- Waste yarn.
4 stitches to 1 inch in Stockinette Stitch for the body of the tea cozy. The gauge for the candy canes is not so important.
Approximately 16 inches around and 8 inches high. This will fit a medium sized teapot with a 32 ounce capacity.
Sample knit by Eileen Casey