1 of 3
Candy Cane Tea Cozy
Candy cane Tea Cozy, modeled by my favorite teapot! Click for larger image.
© Eileen Casey, licensed to About.com, Inc.
Pull this out when you get out your holiday tea towels and dish cloths, and it’ll make you smile every time you fill up the pot. Makes a perfect and practical gift for the tea lover in your life (as a serious tea drinker from Ireland, I ought to know!).
- 1 ball Red Heart Holiday in shade 6040 Green/Silver, or approximately 100 yards of medium weight yarn of your choice.
- Scraps of red and white medium weight yarn. I used Caron Simply Soft in shades 9729 Red and 9701 White.
- Set of #7 US (4.5 mm) double pointed needles (or 2 circulars, or one extra-long circular for magic loop).
- 2 #3 US (3.25 mm) double pointed knitting needles.
- Scissors, tape measure and yarn needle.
- #7 US (4.5 mm) crochet hook.
- Waste yarn.
4 stitches to 1 inch in Stockinette Stitch for the body of the tea cozy. The gauge for the candy canes is not so important.
Approximately 16 inches around and 8 inches high. This will fit a medium sized teapot with a 32 ounce capacity.
Sample knit by Eileen Casey