Simple Holiday Washer:
This easy washcloth pattern is a classic. It's often referred to on the web as "Grandma's favorite" washcloth, and it's sure to become your favorite, too.
This one is knit in Christmas colors to make holiday cleanup a little more festive, but once you make one, you'll be making them in all kinds of colors for all sorts of occasions.
- About 70 yards of 100 percent cotton yarn (I used most of a skein of Sugar'n Cream in Mistletoe Ombre, color 00138)
- one pair size 8 US needles
- crochet hook or yarn needle
Seven stitches and 9 rows per inch in bias garter stitch. Gauge is not critical.
Finished size is 9 inches square. Make yours larger or smaller by increasing more or fewer stitches.
- Cast on 4 stitches.
- Knit 1, yarn over, knit to the end of the row.
- Continue in this manner until you have 50 stitches on your needle.
- Knit 1, yarn over, knit two together, knit until you are three stitches from the end of the row, then knit 2 together and knit one.
- Continue in this manner until 4 stitches remain.
- Bind off. Weave in ends.