Moss Stitch is a fun and easy knitting stitch pattern that looks great along with the texture of a Seed Stitch and is really easy to memorize. This is one you'll come back to in all your sampler knitting projects.
- about 100 yards of the worsted weight yarn of your choice (I used Plymouth Encore color 514)
- one pair size 8 US knitting needles
- scissors and yarn needle
17.5 stitches per 4 inches, or 4.3 stitches per inch.
12 by 12 inch block.
- Cast on 52 stitches.
- Work in Moss Stitch as follows:
Rows one and two: Knit one, purl one across.
Rows three and four: Purl one, knit one across.
- Repeat stitch pattern until piece measures 12 inches.
- Bind off in pattern. Weave in ends.