This quick-to-knit little bag is a perfect clutch for a night on the town. It will hold your lipstick, ID, some cash or other necessities. You could also use it as a makeup bag within your larger purse, or as a purse for a little girl with the addition of a strap.
- Half a skein, about 45 yards, of Berroco Metallic FX or another medium-weight, metallic yarn
- one pair size 6 US needles
- yarn or tapestry needle.
Six stitches and eight and a half rows per inch in stockinette stitch. Gauge is not critical, but it should be knit tight enough that the weave will be firm.
Finished size is four inches tall and five inches wide when sewn up. Before sewing, the full length is 10 inches.
- Cast on 30 stitches.
- Knit in stockinette stitch until piece measures 10 inches.
- Bind off. Cut excess thread, leaving a long enough tail to knit one side of the bag.
- Fold piece so that the bag is four inches deep and flap is two inches. The knit side should be out.
- Sew up sides. Allow the flap to curl.
About the Yarn:
Berroco Metallic FX is 85 percent rayon and 15 percent metallic thread. It is easy to work with and much softer than you would expect.
The finished fabric should be dry cleaned.