Keep Your Notebook Cozy:
That's fine if you want to decorate each notebook individually, but if knitting is your obsession, you can also knit your notebook a cozy that will keep it and a pen easily contained in your bag.
You could do this with any kind of yarn and stitch pattern you like, but I love this thick and thin yarn and simple Stockinette Stitch for a workmanlike cover that's also lovely.
- about 45 yards of a bulky weight thick and thin wool yarn (I used Berroco's Hip-Hop in color Dude)
- one pair size 13 US knitting needles
- a small amount of coordinating smooth yarn for sewing sides
- yarn needle
- pocket-sized Moleskine notebook
10 stitches and 12 rows per 4 inches (2.5 stitches and 3 rows per inch) in Stockinette Stitch. Gauge is not critical but should be relatively close so your cover is not too small or too large.
Finished size is 12 inches around and 19 inches tall. Will fit a pocket sized Moleskine.
- Cast on 15 stitches.
- Knit in Stockinette Stitch for 19 inches.
- Bind off. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
- Fold the knit piece in half longways, so that the fold will be the bottom of the cozy. Using a smoother yarn (I used a bit of spare red wool) stitch the sides together using mattress stitch.
- Slide in your notebook and a pen and go where life takes you.