Eyelash yarn is a lot of fun to work with and using just a little gives you a big effect.
A case in point is this eyelash yarn headband, which can be knit up in a flash in garter stitch. This is the perfect little something for a girl or a woman who wants to add something special to an outfit and keep her hair out of her eyes.
It could also be wrapped double and worn around the wrist as a funky knit bracelet.
- A scrap, about 11 yards, of eyelash yarn (I used Lion Brand Fun Fur in black)
- one pair size 3 US needles
- yarn needle
About five stitches and eight rows per inch in garter stitch. Gauge is not critical.
Finished size is 1.5 inches wide and 14 inches around, unstretched. It can fit a girl's head without stretching, and up to an average woman's head.
- Cast on 8 stitches.
- Knit in garter stitch until piece is 14 inches long.
- Bind off.
- Cut yarn, leaving a tail at least six inches long.
- Use tail and needle to sew the ends of the piece together.