Quick and Easy:
There's quick knitting, and then there's really quick knitting. This whole project can be done in less than an hour, and makes a perfect gift for the coffee lover in your life. Or make one for yourself and you'll get plenty of use out of it, too.
- a scrap, about 10 yards, of any super-bulky, 100 percent wool yarn (I used Rowan Big Wool in Cloak)
- two pairs of size 13 US circular needles (any length, but shorter is easier to work with), or four size 13 double-pointed needles
- crochet hook or tapestry needle
About 3.25 stitches and 4 rows per inch.
Finished size is 9 inches around and 3 inches tall. It should stretch to fit most standard-sized travel mugs.
- Using one needle, cast on 23 stitches. The long-tail method is a great choice since it is stretchy.
- Distribute the stitches onto two circular needles or three double-pointed needles.
- Join in the round, being careful not to twist the stitches.
- Knit every row until piece measures three inches.
- Bind off. Cut off excess yarn.
- Weave in ends.