1. Home

Sarah E. White

What Kind of Patterns Would You Most Like to See?

By January 1, 2012

To go along with yesterday's poll about what you'd most like to learn in 2012, today I want to know what kind of patterns you're most interested in knitting in the new year.

I've been thinking about trying to focus on a few different kinds of patterns that you all are most interested in to better provide projects for a range of skill levels as well as a range of interests.

But of course in order to do that I need to know what you're most interested in knitting. You can choose multiple answers, and because the number of selections I can put into a poll is pretty limited, please use the comments to tell me more (specific techniques like top-down sweaters or toe-up socks, for instance) or add a project to the list that I didn't have room for.

A lot of pattern development for this site is based on my whims, but with your guidance maybe I can hit on more of your whims, too!

Comments

January 1, 2012 at 3:11 pm
(1) Juli says:

I would like to see toe-up socks. I am working top-down socks and I would like to try the toe-up style.

January 1, 2012 at 4:54 pm
(2) Lynne says:

I’d like to see hat and sock patterns for those who knit with circulars.

January 1, 2012 at 5:39 pm
(3) Marleen says:

Would like to try a top down sweater this year

January 1, 2012 at 10:06 pm
(4) Newsitian says:

I would like to see more sets. Nothing like the old twin sets. I talking about socks and cowls, shawl and wristwarmers, something besides a scarf and hat. Not anything complicated like Fair Isle, but with a pattern repeat in each garment.

January 2, 2012 at 11:11 am
(5) Dani says:

I’d like to see patterns for women’s garments in sizes larger than “large” — especially sleeveless tops with some length to them (some of us fat folks want to cover a bit more than just skin).

January 2, 2012 at 12:24 pm
(6) Kimberley says:

Socks! I’d like to be more accomplished knitting socks on double point needles, 2 circulars and magic loop.

January 2, 2012 at 12:37 pm
(7) sue says:

I would like to loom knit “pretty” larger ladies vests…

January 2, 2012 at 12:53 pm
(8) Jackie says:

i’d really like a session on adding borders to afghans..i knitted a block style afghan and after i sew the strips together, i’m totally stumped for a proper border..a little help with this wouldn’t go amiss and i’d be very grateful..thanks

January 2, 2012 at 1:36 pm
(9) Joan says:

Would like to see more Fair Isle tutorials and patterns. Also, different types of cables for sweaters, scarves, etc.

January 2, 2012 at 1:43 pm
(10) N J Gill says:

I’d enjoy “sets” of cowls & fingerless mitts in matching patterns; also more convertible cowls (with a drawstring so you can turn it into a hat.)

January 2, 2012 at 2:27 pm
(11) Courtney says:

More REAL plus size patterns please. I’m sorry, but a finished bust size of 43′ is NOT a 2X.

January 2, 2012 at 2:46 pm
(12) Nancy Cross says:

I would like to see some “Waldorf” educational pocket dolls, animals, ornaments. All Waldorf students learn to knit, so I’d like to see some of their projects by grade level and perhaps opporunities to volunteer at a Waldorf school…or at their annual conference.

Thanks

January 2, 2012 at 10:24 pm
(13) Ali says:

Answering both questions, I would love to become competent in Magic Loop. I agree with Dani and Courtney, I am a real woman with real curves, I need more than XL. also knit in something that is not $15 a skein and need 10 skeins. Simple lace shawls would also be nice. Thank you for all that you do. Fiber Folk are Fantastic!

January 3, 2012 at 2:01 pm
(14) s says:

I’d like more patterns for simple tank tops or vests please.

January 3, 2012 at 2:49 pm
(15) Mary says says:

I have many squares knitted, all knitted in different patterns. Now I need help joining them together and knitting a border all around. Ideas of how to do this would be much appreciated!

January 3, 2012 at 3:09 pm
(16) Linda Claiborne says:

I’d like to see more in the shawl category. Also I tried a sample afghan quilt but the blocks were different sizes and there was nothing about changing needles or the border. /

January 3, 2012 at 5:55 pm
(17) Wendy says:

I would like to see a slipper pattern

January 4, 2012 at 10:45 am
(18) aweinh25 says:

I’d like to see more wraps, fingerless mitts, and cowls. Of course, those are my current obsessions and subject to change without notice!
Seriously, my favorite wrap was inspired by one of your patterns.

January 4, 2012 at 8:53 pm
(19) Rosemarie says:

Would like to see how to knit those fuzzy skinny scarves.

January 5, 2012 at 6:27 am
(20) Debbie says:

I like to knit things I can finish and have used several patterns from your site. I would like to get more toy patterns since those are the hardest for me to adapt. I love to use my leftovers for washcloths, bunnies, and little bags. Leftovers also work for teddy bears for Mother Bear project..

January 9, 2012 at 2:42 pm
(21) Brigid rown says:

Atr my last pediucure I was presengted with toeless “Mittens”. I would like to have a pattern for these with sock type yarn or even jsut a little it thicker.

January 9, 2012 at 4:24 pm
(22) j says:

Id like more patterns for simple tank tops or vests please. times 2

January 9, 2012 at 4:25 pm
(23) Joan Emanuel says:

I would like a pattern for Men’s gloves – preferably knit on four needles

January 9, 2012 at 5:02 pm
(24) dwidget says:

i would like to see more shawls. easy ones but nice ones.

January 10, 2012 at 6:26 pm
(25) Sondra says:

I would like to see sweaters for older women, age 50+. So many of the patterns seem to be for women between ages 20 and 30 (we “mature” women look silly in crop top sweaters or sweaters that end above the waist).

Also, would like to see more shawl/stole patterns.

April 1, 2012 at 11:51 pm
(26) Linda Duffie says:

I would love some patterns for pets!